This blog will primarily be about my ttc (trying to conceive) journey. We are ttc in our 30's as full-time working professionals, and trying for our second baby. We have been blessed with one wonderful child.

I decided to start this blog to record my experiences and express myself, to give information and support to others, and to receive information and support from others. Please understand that although this blog is public, my husband and I plan to keep it anonymous. Please feel free to leave comments or ask any questions. I hope you will share this journey with us!

Friday, January 1, 2010

The new game plan



The new game plan:

  • reduce soy as much as possible
  • try to eat some more organic foods when possible
  • start using OPK's to better monitor ovulation
  • start taking "Fertilaid," which replaces my pre-natal and also has some herbal supplements in it to help regulate the cycle. I felt great on this stuff! I could tell it was working in some way, I noticed changes in CM (cervical mucus), amongst other changes.
  • still use Fertility Awareness and target the 10 day fertile window


I felt empowered and more in control of our ttc.

These changes actually doubled my luteal phase length, from 8 days to 17 days!! But these changes also lengthened my cycle so they were now 41 day cycles. You win some, you lose some. And this pretty much brings us to the present day when I started this blog, you are almost all caught up on this journey, just one last thing...

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kim,

    I don't know if you're still checking comments since you're now past the TTC phase and are pregnant (congatulations!!), but in case you are...

    I wondered what you thought of taking FertilAid? I found your blog while googling it (somehow) and have been trying to make a decision about whether or not to start taking it. I also saw you stopped taking it, so I wondered if there was a reason why?

    Thanks so much for any feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, thanks for reading and the comment! I really enjoyed taking Fertilaid, there were great advantages such as increased energy and sex drive, better CM, etc. But the main drawback was it increased my cycle length by 5 days, so my cycles went from 36 days to 41 days! It was probably trying to correct my luteal phase being too short by adding several days. But my doc and I decided that getting me to ovulate sooner would be the best thing for me, so we used clomid, and that worked! Good luck on your decision!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I see-- well, I've already ordered a month supply, so I guess I'll give it a try. But I'll keep your experience in mind and stop if anything like that happens. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. definitely try it. if your cycles are short, or even average, then perhaps adding a few days to the luteal phase would be a good thing for you, you want your luteal phase to be as close to 14 days as possible. you'll just have to see how it works for you, some women swear by it! good luck.

    ReplyDelete