This blog will primarily be about my ttc (trying to conceive) journey. We are ttc in our 30's as full-time working professionals, and trying for our second baby. We have been blessed with one wonderful child.

I decided to start this blog to record my experiences and express myself, to give information and support to others, and to receive information and support from others. Please understand that although this blog is public, my husband and I plan to keep it anonymous. Please feel free to leave comments or ask any questions. I hope you will share this journey with us!

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A Lesson from the Yoga Mat

I wanted to share a valuable lesson I learned in my yoga class. It might seem like an obvious lesson, but sometimes you hear the right thing at the right time, even if you've heard it before, it can take on a new meaning.

A number of months ago, I was at the height of my ttc frenzy, and completely obsessing in the 2WW. I was beginning to get frustrated with not getting pregnant, and still learning how to deal with my monthly disappointments. My yoga class is on Saturdays, and I was expecting either AF or a positive HPT that weekend. My emotions were running high. I was hormonal, either PMSing or pregnant, and why do the symptoms have to be identical to each other? The 2WW was culminating into what would be either the "best news of my life", or "total devastation." I was already anticipating how discouraged and desperate I would feel if I got AF. I was actually telling myself, "you better be pregnant this month!" I was in a funk before class, and my anxiety increased during class as I thought AF was coming, I even went to the restroom to check.

My yoga teacher asked us to imagine a container large enough to hold our perfections and our imperfections. The lesson for that class was that we are perfect just as we are, wherever we were in a pose, it was just where we needed to be. That was when it literally hit me like a ton of bricks: I am perfect just as I am, pregnant or not, everything is exactly as it should be. This immediately released all my worries and stress, and I felt complete peace and acceptance about whatever was going to happen. I experienced a blissful state, which lingered with me the rest of the weekend. I often remind myself of this lesson, particularly when I am in the 2WW, and it helps me tremendously. So, I share this with you in the hopes that it can help you. Namaste.

4 comments:

  1. That does sound blissful! And I love your idea of yourself as perfect just as you are. My mind agrees with you, my heart is working on it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much for passing that along. we just started out first round of clomid and i am in a state of terror. i am worried if it doesn't work, if we don't bed dance on schedule or what if it will never happen. your message is what i needed to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really hard at times to trust that we are exactly where we are supposed to be, but we are!!! I love that yoga keeps us in the moment...it's so easy to get ahead of ourselves. We want what we want and we want it right now!!! Thank goodness for Yoga!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The mind can understand a concept, but it does take a lot longer for the heart to believe it.

    j- good luck with the clomid, personally, I love it! it's hard to find that balance between doing everything that we can, and not stressing ourselves out with doing too much, or being too controlling.

    Kim- yoga is really good at keeping us in the present moment, that's worth it's weight in gold!

    ReplyDelete