This blog will primarily be about my ttc (trying to conceive) journey. We are ttc in our 30's as full-time working professionals, and trying for our second baby. We have been blessed with one wonderful child.

I decided to start this blog to record my experiences and express myself, to give information and support to others, and to receive information and support from others. Please understand that although this blog is public, my husband and I plan to keep it anonymous. Please feel free to leave comments or ask any questions. I hope you will share this journey with us!

Sunday, February 21, 2010

User Manual for my Body



I feel like I have a User Manual for my body, thanks to ttc! I have learned about the monthly cycle, read about hormone's affects upon the body, and studied my body's symptoms. Now I can finally explain the waxing and waning in CM, mild pains in my lower abdomen, acne breakouts, emotionality, and feeling hot or tired at certain times of the month. It all makes sense. I had known it was hormonal, but now I know which hormones and what's happening in my cycle. It is incredible how hormones affect so many aspects of ourselves.

Even women who are not ttc, I think it would be helpful for them to learn about the Fertility Awareness Method just so they can read their body signs and understand themselves better. Plus, they will be 10 steps ahead when/if they decide to ttc. Take it from someone who knows and wishes she knew this stuff earlier. Wouldn't all you ttc'ers agree? I'm convinced, every woman should learn her body and it's cycles, ttc or not.

Mid-cycle update: I got a near positive OPK on Valentine's Day, CD 17, and ovulated the next day. I don't get clear positives anymore since I am on clomid. Started temping this month and it's looking good, more on this later. Just got my CD 21 progesterone results back and the nurse said it is "very high," 43.6!!! Also just found out one of my friends is pregnant with her first, I hope we can be pregnant together!

5 comments:

  1. I totally agree! EVERY woman should be aware of her cycles. This awareness helps explain SO MUCH! I never knew so much about cycles until DH and I started TTC. It's quite empowering!
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. our cycles are a week off. are you taking clomid this month?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey j! I don't know if I should reply here or on your blog? so maybe we are cycle buddies? :) yes, I took clomid this month (2nd clomid cycle), and plan to next cycle if I don't get pg. Are you a week ahead or behind? I'm sorry that you've been stressed out about all this, taking a medication does seem to "up the ante," but compared to IVF, clomid is nothing! :) I can definitely relate to all those scary thoughts like, what if this never works? But those kinds of thoughts aren't doing us any good. Let me know if there is anything I can do. Remember, everything will work out as it should. Best wishes and keep me posted, you'll be in my thoughts!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that is a really good progesterone number! Like, a really good sign for this cycle!! Good luck!! I think this may be your cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks, Jane! I wish. I don't think my temps are looking so good anymore, will post a link to that soon.

    ReplyDelete