This blog will primarily be about my ttc (trying to conceive) journey. We are ttc in our 30's as full-time working professionals, and trying for our second baby. We have been blessed with one wonderful child.

I decided to start this blog to record my experiences and express myself, to give information and support to others, and to receive information and support from others. Please understand that although this blog is public, my husband and I plan to keep it anonymous. Please feel free to leave comments or ask any questions. I hope you will share this journey with us!

Friday, March 12, 2010

I'd like to thank the Academy...





I'd like to thank the Academy....no, wait... to thank my awesome blog supporters, my friends and family, God, my obgyns, clomid, all the websites, books, and message boards relating to ttc and pregnancy symptoms, and last but not least my wonderful husband. Without all of your support, I would not have been able to get pregnant or have the support I needed to get here intact. Yes, you read that correctly, I am pregnant!!!!!!! 6 weeks today.






To my friends in real life (IRL), please keep this an absolute secret for now. Please do not post any cryptic messages on Facebook (I say this because I am guilty of having done this), only private communication will do. It is amazing how quickly good news spreads. When we got engaged, people I hadn't spoken to in awhile knew within a few days! We told my husband's family at 4 weeks out of necessity, because of the ski trip. We then told my parents because his parents knew. I like to keep things fair and balanced. Then the rest of the world will know around the end of the first trimester, I suppose. You guys are quite special to know this privileged information so early on, but I had to update you!

Highlighted in purple are items I consider necessary for me to get pregnant.

Things I did this month:
whole dairy
organic milk, eggs, and spinach
pre-natal
Vitamin D3
clomid 50mg CD 3-7
prayer
ate pineapple around and after ovulation
didn't feel like I needed to use pre-seed
refused to get my hopes up during the 2WW
no Fertilaid

Things I did differently this month:
ate meat
perfect BD timing, three days in a row (two days before and day of ovulation),
started temping
wore "Get Lucky!" temporary tattoo with 4 leaf clover on my bikini area (comes with OPK's from early-pregnancy-tests.com)
did yoga, exercise or relaxation daily

Things that would happen the month I get pregnant, of course:
went on a ski trip
purchased Fertility Friend VIP status for 90 days
still bought next month's clomid just in case
told one family member about this blog (Hey, girl!)

Speaking of blogs, I will probably start a new Pregnancy blog at some point. I want to keep my TTC blog private/anonymous, and will probably return to use it in the future. I'll post here to let you know when the new blog is up. I totally understand if you don't want to Follow the pregnancy blog, but if you do, I would love to have your company there too! I'll still be Following you ttc'ers and rooting you on! And as we all know, especially as it is still so early in the pregnancy, I could easily end up right back here anytime. Stay tuned for a post on BFP 2WW symptoms. I'm still thinking of all you ttc'ers and wishing you the best! Hang in there, girls!!

Jane, you were right, that was my month!

9 comments:

  1. Reading this blog is extremel encouraging to me! Me and dh have been married 4 8 months and haven't concieved yet. In reality a baby may not be so wise right now due our finances. But the thought of not concieving after this long gets discouraging, and honestly I want our own child so bad. I pray for understanding on this all the time! But to read this let's me know to notgive up hope in what God can do! Please do keep your blog going, it is doing things for you and others!! Who knows maybe I'll be able to start one too?! Well, thanks for listening.... God Bless you and your new family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for those kind words. I am so glad to hear that this blog is helping others! :) I can definitely relate to longing for a child, and getting discouraged. I hope you and dh get pregnant soon, don't give up! I would follow your blog if you started one. Thanks for sharing in this journey with us!
    -Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats! funny how things happen at the most inopportune times. the first time we got pregnant we had just gotten the 350 dollar bill from our first visit to the fertility doc. all they did was fill out forms and draw blood. had we just waited one more week! oh well, that's how the fun stuff goes. thanks for the details as you traveled on this journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, I have no idea how I missed this post!!!! I am so sorry for the long overdue delayed Congratulations!!!!!! I am so excited and happy for you!!! Great job doing a bunch of the "right" things! I hope that means all the Kims get a BFP now ;)

    Looking forward to your pregnancy blog!!

    xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, j and Kim! I think this means all the Kims and j's will get their BFP's now! Thanks again for all your support, you guys have been great!!! I'm still thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow reading your blog and finding out about your BFP! gave me chills =). Im 27,ttc for a year, diagnosed with PCOS and just started clomid. I took my last pill 2 days ago, tomorrow is day 12 and im going for a sono not sure what for? I guesss to see if my ovaries are ready to ovulate? I am oh so new to this, just hoping for the best.
    -Natalia (col0mbinaty@aol.com)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Natalia,
    Good luck to you! thanks for your sweet comment. yeah, I think the sono will show if you have follicles in your ovaries, to help them gauge if they need to adjust your dose/timing. I am a Big clomid fan! You will get your BFP!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's good that you didn't take Fertilaid and Clomid together. Vitex causes Clomid not to work. Might be useful info in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations to you!!! Still in the early stages of TTC over here. Will probably just be perusing through your older posts now. Thank you for all the helpful information on the sidebar!

    Again, congratulations! How exciting for you =)

    ReplyDelete